This has to be one of my favorite meals I’ve had over the past few weeks. I switched gears and went with a fish protein last night – I love me some Omega-3s. This is a super easy dish to make with minimal ingredients making it a great weekday dinner. Seared salmon topped with pineapple-jalapeño salsa and served with coconut jasmine rice and seared green beans.
- 1.5 Pounds of Salmon
- Green Beans
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs. Lime Juice
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs. Ghee
- Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
1. Core/dice up pineapple and place into medium sized bowl.
I used approximately 3 cups for this recipe and saved the rest for dessert 🙂 But use less or more depending on how much salsa you want to make.
2. Chop jalapeños & red onion and add to your pineapple chunks.
3. Add 1 tbs. of lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder and cilantro to your bowl – toss thoroughly and set aside.
4. Combine your jasmine rice, coconut milk and water to a pot and cook as instructed on the package.
5. Heat up 1 tbs. ghee over medium-high heat in a cast-iron pan.
6. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Once the ghee begins to bubble, place fish into pan.
7. Depending on how you like your salmon prepared, cook for approximately 4 -5 minutes on each side.
8. While salmon is cooking, rinse and trim green beans. Sauté your beans in 1 tsp. oil and 1 tbs. minced garlic.
9. Once salmon is cooked (it should flake easily with a fork) top with salsa and serve with your coconut rice and veggies!
Here is an APPROXIMATE caloric breakdown of each portion size for the recipe mentioned calculated from the nutritional values found on www.nutritionvalue.org: