Cauliflower is such an under appreciated vegetable. It has over 75% of our recommended daily value of vitamin C and is rich in vitamin K, magnesium, protein, fiber, potassium and vitamin B6! It also contains a number of phytonutrients that research suggests prevents ovarian, cervical and prostate cancers. 
In this recipe, you’ll get a delicious crispy base to hold your favorite pizza ingredients without the unnecessary carbs that can give you that “sluggish” feeling. This is also an awesome gluten-free alternative and sneaky way to get your veggies 😉
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Chopped Veggies of Choice
- 1 Cup Basil *
- 1/8 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts *
- 2 - 3 Minced Garlic Cloves *
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO *
- 1 Tablespoon Water *
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt *
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Pepper *
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese (Optional) *
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop your desired veggie toppings.
3. Clean and trim cauliflower.
4. Bring 1/4 – 1/2 inch of water to boil in large pot.
5. Place cauliflower florets in the boiling water and cover.
6. Cover and reduce heat to low until tender. Approximately 7 – 9 minutes.
7. When cooked, drain and let cool.
8. Place cooled cauliflower into food processor and pulse until a creamy rice-like consistency.
9. Strain again and remove all excess water by placing into dishtowel or cheesecloth and squeezing like your life depended on it.
10. In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower,salt + pepper, garlic powder, oregano, egg and grated parmesan.
11. Once mixed thoroughly, transfer the dough onto a baking sheet lined with greased aluminum foil or parchment paper.
12. Flatten out until the crust is about 1/3 inch thick.
13. Place into oven and bake for 25 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
14. Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings. (Can you guess which one was mine, haha)
15. Return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
I used pesto sauce for my pizza instead of traditional sauce.
For a super simple homemade pesto, place all ingredients marked with a [*] into a food processor until smooth!